Watch Season 2 Episode 24 with Nital Jethalal
We are delighted to introduce our guest, Nital Jethalal, a passionate vegan advocate and an influential figure in the plant-based movement. Raised in a vegetarian household, Nital witnessed the transformative power of plant-based diets firsthand, sparking his lifelong commitment to promoting healthier, greener lifestyles. His academic journey in trade policy and agricultural subsidies led him to view veganism as a holistic solution to many societal challenges, fostering a deeper understanding of the intersection between policy and dietary choices.
As a significant contributor to Plant-Based Data, a research platform focused on veganism, and as a part of Vegto, Canada’s oldest vegan organization, Nital has leveraged his expertise to make significant strides in the plant-based community. He also plays a vital role in the Veg Food Bank in Toronto, an initiative that combats food insecurity and income disparities while promoting plant-based living. Join us as Nital shares his journey and insights on veganism, policy entrepreneurship, and the crucial role of businesses in supporting social causes, a testament to his dedication to creating a more compassionate and sustainable world.
- Nithal’s upbringing in a vegetarian household and his exposure to the benefits of plant-based diets.
- His academic pursuits in trade policy and agricultural subsidies and realization of veganism’s potential as a solution.
- The operation and initiatives of the Veg Food Bank in Toronto and its approach to addressing food insecurity.
- Nital’s views on the role of policy and businesses in addressing societal issues and the concept of policy entrepreneurship.
- His experiences growing communities and brands by aligning business strategies with social causes.